September 10 2016
Skills and Responsibilities
- Riders are responsible for their own safety
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Rules of the road - this is not a closed course so unless otherwise directed by police, you must obey all traffic laws, including stopping at all stop signs View Video
- Riding in groups – See Group Riding Skills and Code of Conduct document. Also View Video
- Choosing the right group – to ride in a group is a fun way to cycle. However, if you start out with a group of riders who are too strong and beyond your ability, drop back, relax, enjoy the scenery and find a comfortable pace. Join another group of slower riders who may come along to help you draft. Remember, this is not a race.
- If you get lost, call the phone number provided to you at registration for direction and or assistance.
- Other safety tips