September 10 2016
The Southwest Challenge cycling tour is an annual fundraiser with proceeds going to Children’s Health Foundation. Money raised from the SWC will provide specialized care and support for children from across Southwestern Ontario who rely on Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre, Thames Valley Children’s Centre and Children’s Health Research Institute. Here are some tips to help you with your fundraising efforts:
- The earlier you start , the more people you will encounter that may support you
Set Up your Personal Fundraising Webpage
- Take advantage of this excellent tool to help you reach many who you may or may not come in contact with.
- Customize your site by adding a photo of yourself (maybe on your bike) or a video and include a small paragraph about your involvement.
- You can use email, Facebook, letters and word of mouth to direct people to your SWC webpage to learn about the ride
Use a Pledge Form
- Take a pledge form with you always, and don’t be afraid to ask anyone and everyone for a donation.
- Display a pledge form on the bulletin board at work.
Make a list of Possible Donors
- Making a list helps you think of people you may never have considered as donors.
- Encourage family and friends to tell others of your webpage and efforts.
Company Donation Matching Programs
- Many companies will match charitable donations raised by their employees.
- Matching gifts can greatly impact your fundraising efforts and your team’s.
- Check with your Human Resources department to see if they have a matching donation program.
Create a team
- Click here to read more about Teams.
- Many times people forget to go to your webpage and make a donation. If someone has indicated they would sponsor you, don’t be afraid to send a gentle reminder.
Show Your Appreciation
- Along with a brief account of your ride, don’t forget to send a message of thanks to all those who have supported you.